Type: Best Practices
This revised FAQ has a new look and feel and has been rewritten with cleaner, easy to understand, gender-neutral language. Also included are a few additions to the original publication:
- Questions on assumed implied consent and consent from children under 16.
- Questions regarding the relationship between PHIPA and FIPPA/MFIPPA.
- Notification requirements in the event of a breach.
- Responsibilities with respect to accountability and openness.
- Requirements in the event of a change of practice.
- Emergency disclosure.
- Obtaining health records of a deceased individual.
- Storing, accessing and disclosing personal health information outside of Ontario.
- Fees associated with a request to access health records.
Originally published August 2006.