- About Us
- The Acts
- The Commissioner and Team
- Role and Mandate
- Our Goals and Values
- IPC Strategic Priorities 2021-2025 – Final Report
- Privacy and Transparency in a Modern Government
- Children and Youth in a Digital World
- Next-Generation Law Enforcement
- Trust in Digital Health
- Annual Report
- Join Our Team!
- IPC Expenses
- Contact Us
Organization: Legislative Assembly
Division: Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario – Tribunal Services
Job Term: Six Month Contract
Salary: $26.89 to $31.65 hourly
Schedule: 36.25 hours per week
Address: 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M4W 1A8
Job ID: IPC: PA-2022-1
The Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario is an administrative tribunal responsible for the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the Child, Youth and Family Services Act (CYFSA). Under these acts, the Information and Privacy Commissioner, Tribunal Services Division:
- resolves access to information appeals and complaints when government, health care practitioners/organizations and service providers refuse to grant requests for access or correction; and
- investigates complaints with respect to the privacy of personal information and personal health information held by government, service providers and health care practitioners/organizations.
An opportunity exists to provide a variety of administrative/intake/program support services to the Tribunal Services Department.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In a high volume, deadline driven environment you will: analyse incoming documentation to identify appeals/complaints/non-jurisdictional matters; input/update information into computerized case management system; assist with the management of voluminous and/or disorganized records; produce a large volume of complex documents with attention to detail; proof-read draft orders/privacy complaint reports to ensure information presented is accurate according to the appropriate FOI, health and child welfare legislation; process/handle final orders/privacy complaint reports; review records for completeness and maintain comprehensive filing system.
Qualifications: Extensive knowledge of administrative practices; experience in gathering/following up on information; demonstrated analytical/problem-solving skills; strong organization/interpersonal/communication skills; accuracy and attention to detail; discretion/tact to maintain confidentiality; demonstrated ability to use a PC; expertise in database management/word processing (Advanced Microsoft Word formatting capability); familiarity with the formatting requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG); ability to work independently/on teams in a fast paced office.
- Effective December 13, 2021, the IPC’s Vaccination Policy requires all IPC employees to provide proof they are fully vaccinated, meaning they are fully vaccinated as defined by the Ministry of Health (refer to: COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated Status in Ontario), including 14 calendar days have passed since receiving their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Employees who do not provide proof of full vaccination will be deemed ‘not vaccinated’ under the IPC Vaccination Policy and will be required to undergo regular rapid antigen testing, including employees with a valid medical exemption.
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism: We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to quote the Job ID # for this position.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
This post is also available in: French